Â

Ah KeN no Blog desu!!!

18/08 at e Cage: Scored 1 & made 1 wif my new boots! Good: mit up old frens. Bad: severely lackin' in fitness!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back again..hopefully wif more consistency :p

I'm back bloggin'! Hopefully I will do it more regularly tis time round..at least once a week.
I was askin' myself juz e other day, y do I blog? Follow e trend or too free, got nothin' to do?
Initially yes, I was juz like a kid tat wan to hv it becos everyone has it! Esp since most of young one hv it! & me refusin' to admit tat I am nt tat young anymore (I'll be 33 tis thu!), I juz hv to start a blog! I was hopin' tat I can use it to record dwn some events tat happen to me or ard me & oso use it as a channel to air my opinion on certain issues etc.
When I started goin' steady wif my Love, Devona, I oso wanted to use e blog to record dwn some of e wonderful moment tat we spent 2gether, e places we go to, e movies tat we watch, things tat we do 2gether etc. One day, she juz came to me & complained to me tat I dun write abt her anymore, or nt tat much to be exact. Tat's y it makes me sit dwn & tink, y do I blog in e 1st place? Wat do I wan to blog abt? Y is everyone sayin' tat my blog is nt interestin' anymore? Wat sh I blog abt so tat my frens will njoy readin' it & I will njoy writin' it too..hmm..well..
Mooncake or Lantern Festival? (06/10/06)
Is always a grand event when comes to tis kinda traditional festive day in my family. My dad will always cook lots of food & oso make offerings to e deities tat we prayed to in our house; not forgetting our ancesters too! Dinner is juz like Reunion dinner wif e "whole" family, which includes my dad & mum, me & Devona, Bruce & Janice, Jacky & Josephine + A.Angie & U.Jerry, eatin' 2gether. Bein' a pure Hakka family, my dad & my mum r both hakka, u will expect a few hakka dishes on e table. The best on e table for me gotta be e Yong Tau Fu tat was made by my dad. Very nice! He is realli very gd at tis! I dare say is better den any of those tat u cn eat outside! Being an almost vegetarian, I will always dig out e meat & pass it to Jacky. Tat's hw I eat e Glutinous Rice Dumpling too! There is another hakka dish but I tink is prepared by my mum, is Yu Toh Kou Rou (Yam wif Pork), another traditional hakka dish. I usually dun touch unless I hv a sudden crave for yam, tis is actually a no-no for me bt nice though. My dear liked e Roast Duck tat was bought opp our blk & esp e sauce, she put a lot in her rice, haha! I dun eat duck bt when Jacky told me is better den e current Johnson Duck, den it has to be gd! After dinner, we ate e Swensen's ice cream mooncake bought by Josephine. My dear took e durian one, Yuks! I hate durian, while I took e chewy chocolate one, Yummy! We din stay for long becos my dear is still recovin' fr her fever & cough for e past 2 days, so I sent her home rite after e last episode of e Ch 8 drama, Family Matters.
Purple Haze & Xian De Lai (07/10/06)
Wat has Purple Haze gotta do wif Xian De Lai? Actually there is no link lah, haha! Purple Haze is a Jimi Hendrix's song tat I tot of when I looked thru my window in e mornin' & saw e hazy condition. I nvr hear his version before, I oni heard Winger's version. The haze condition was worst esp ard 9pm when me & my dear were on our way to our fav steamboat buffet, Xian De Lai, e PSI hit a high of 150! My dear actually experienced difficulty in breathin' becos she is still recoverin' fr her cough. Luckily e mornin' soccer was cancelled becos majority of e guys r hvin' their exam break; the outdoor air is certainly nt suitable for excercise. Actually e haze oso reminds me of Genting; is more than 10 yrs since I last visited tat place! Realli hope tat me & my dear can go there for holi one day :)
Let's come back to our fav steamboat buffet, Xian De Lai Shanghai Cuisine. The 1st time we visited tis place at Liang Seah St. was on 08/07/06 (Sat). I still rem tat day, we were tryin' to find a place to eat Yuan Yang steamboat along Beach Rd tat area. We wanted to go to a new place tat is clean & hopefully cooling too. Most of e places were fully occupied & muz wait at least 1/2 hr! We finally decided to try tis place even though we oso nid to wait for > 1/2 hr bt e place looks cleaner den other places & oso got air-con too. We went to level 2 & it was really cooling, less noisy & more private. After visited tis place for so many times (almost once a wk!), nt surprisingly e staff & e lady boss can recognise us liao! Even though we didn't make any reservation tis time, e lady boss arranged a place at level 2 as soon as there is available table. Of course lah, we r regular customer leh!
So, wat is Yuan Yang steamboat? As e name suggested, is a steamboat wif spicy & non-spicy soup in e same pot, as shown in e pic above. We always go for e spicy wif fish & e non-spicy chicken soup becos tat is e oni combination tat I can eat, paisei :p The soup base is diff fr e others tat we had tried before esp e spicy one, is nt juz plain spicy bt tasteful too wif ingredients! There is a vast variety of items to choose fr & my dear esp like their dumplings! There is oso their special potato noodle tat she will ordered it everytime. It was 1st ordered by me bt I dun realli like it bt she liked it very much becos it is very Q! For me, I will always ordered their fish dumplings & fish glue; nt forgettin' all e tau pok, tau fu, tau tau tau, hahaha! One thing I like abt is tat we dun hv to go to a common place to get our food; juz write it on their food item list & it will be served to us! There is oso free flow of ice water! It is quite reasonably priced; for 2 persons wif no additional drink ordered, is S$45.30 (incl of GST & Service Charge). After sayin' so many gd things for them, maybe we sh ask them to give us a VIP discount card! :)
Usually at e end of it, we will always go back to Shaw Tower for a tall Java Chip Frappuccino, our fav coffee at e moment, & some chat at StarBucks before I sent her home. Juz in case for those who dunno, Shaw Tower parking is $1 per entry after 1pm on weekend! Tat's y I usually park there if we go there on weekend.
Ok lah, tat's all for nw..will be back to update on some past adventure of Ken & Devona..until den :)

posted at 2:30 am by Ah Ken | Permalink |

0 Comments:

About Me

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Name: Kenneth Loh
B-day: 12/10/1973
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Occupation: Project Manager
Country: Singapore
Likes: Football
Dislikes: Rain
Supports: Liverpool FC

About My Love

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Name: Devona Poon
B-day: 10/05/1982
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Occupation: Mech Designer
Country: Singapore
Likes: Shopping
Dislikes: Heat
Supports: "Ballack" FC

About Us

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Love Story of Kenneth & Devona", opens on 02/11/05 in Singapore & still going strong!!!

Live Note


Archives

August 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006
November 2006
March 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
December 2007
home

Recent Entries

TCS Actor Elvin Ng joined us for soccer!!!
ICT again!!!
I QUIT..
World Cup Quarter Final Review & Semi-Final Preview
World Cup 2006 in Germany.
Flashback 03: Movie Review
Flashback 02: 6 Month Anniversary!!!
Flashback 01: 5 Month Anniversary!!!
2006 FA Cup Winner: Liverpool!!!
This blog is still alive!!!



Blogs I Read

Heng Yee
Jo
John
Jolin
Yuting



Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger
'hacked' by JY
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com